1. I have already registered for the 2021 event, what are my options?
Participants may choose one of the following options:
– Defer your entry to the 2022 Liberty Hospital Half & Jewell 5K
– Donate the value of your entry fee to support Liberty Hospital Foundation’s community health and wellness programs
2. When will I be able to select my resolution option for the 2021 Liberty Hospital Half & Jewell5K?
Participants will be contacted directly through email with information regarding deferred entry or donation option for the 2021 Liberty Hospital Half Marathon & Jewell 5K on Friday, December 11th with details regarding the process and timeline for selecting a resolution.
3. What does this mean for the 2021 Heartland 39.3 series?
KC Running Company will be announcing updates for the Heartland Series after the first of the year!
4. Is there a virtual option?
To preserve the integrity and experience of the Liberty Hospital Half Marathon & Jewell 5K there will not be a virtual option for 2021.
5. How much time do I have to make a resolution selection?
Participants will have from December 11, 2020 through January 15, 2021 to make their selection. Participants who do not make a selection prior to the deadline will default to a deferred entry for the 2022 Liberty Hospital Half Marathon & Jewell 5K.
6. Will I receive my race shirt, bib, and medal if I have already registered?
Race shirts, bibs, and medals will not be distributed for the 2021 Liberty Hospital Half Marathon & Jewell 5K.
7. Why is the Liberty Hospital Half Marathon & Jewell 5K asking me to donate my entry fee to the Liberty Hospital Foundation?
As a non-profit, the Liberty Hospital Foundation relies on donations to help support our mission, including health and wellness programs, such as our LiveWell Grant program. When you give to Liberty Hospital Foundation your gift helps fund programs that increase access to care, provide mental health resources, and reduce rates of chronic disease for thousands of people, and so much more. Since the beginning of the Liberty Hospital Half Marathon & Jewell5K, we have grown a small hometown race to Midwest champion of the running movement. Since 2015, the program has distributed over $450,000 to local non-profits to positively impact the health and wellness of our community.
8. If I choose to donate the value of my entry fee, is that a tax-deductible donation?
Yes! When you choose to donate the value of your entry fee you are supporting the vital work of the Liberty Hospital Foundation. You will receive a tax receipt by email within two weeks of making your selection.
9. Has a date been selected for the 2022 Liberty Hospital Half Marathon & Jewell 5K?
Yes, please mark your calendar to join us for our 5th year on Saturday, March 26th, 2022!