We have two opportunities to be an ambassador: Race or Neighborhood Ambassadors!
Race Ambassadors: See details below.
Neighborhood Ambassadors: Click here.
We are seeking energized and influential runners to represent our 2022 race! We are currently looking for Ambassadors in the Columbia, St. Louis, Springfield, Lawrence, Wichita, and Arkansas areas. Race ambassadors spread the word throughout your city, region and state about the largest half marathon in the Kansas City Northland and provide input to the race organizers.
WE ARE TAKING OUT OF STATE AND SOUTH MISSOURI APPLICATIONS for 2023 – Ambassador application
Download the application, complete in legible print and return to:
Nathan Spencer, Race Director
Liberty Hospital, 2525 Glenn Hendren Dr., Liberty, MO 64068
Or, scan and email it to him.
• A complimentary entry for the Half Marathon or Jewell 5K
• Official Liberty Half Marathon tech pullover
• Hotel stay discounts (10 referral race entries or volunteers for 1 complimentary night stay)
• You are featured on the Liberty Hospital Half Marathon/Jewell 5K Facebook, Twitter, Instagram pages and the Liberty Hospital Connections magazine (120,000 households)
• A special discount code to distribute for runners
Ambassadors do NOT receive financial compensation of any kind. This is a volunteer role, not employee, freelance or contractor. We do not subsidize expenses or issue payment of any kind. Ambassadors serve until race day, and are encouraged to reapply to continue in future years.
• Recruit: Get at least 5 people to sign up. We will give you a special personalized discount code to help you recruit runners.
• Spread the word on social media: Blog, share and like on Facebook, post on Instagram and tweet regularly about upcoming race news.
• Flier distribution: Place fliers in your hometown where runners might go (running stores, local races, pretty much anywhere you go.)
• Represent: Talk to local running clubs and fellow runners
when participating in your running community.
• Provide feedback to the Race Committee to help us build a better race.
Additional opportunities may include pre-race interviews and news stories, merchandise giveaways and sponsor product giveaways.
Social networking not your thing? Join us as race weekend staff for hospitality, packet pickup, awards tent and any other volunteer roles.
Questions? Contact Race Director Nathan Spencer.