William Jewell College Football Field/Track, 924 State Hwy. H, Liberty, MO 64068 Map
HALF MARATHON START: 8:00 a.m.
JEWELL 5K START: 8:30
PINT SIZE PATRIOT RUN: 9:30
An ALL-NEW race course in 2019 featuring historic downtown Liberty and William Jewell College! Join us in Kansas City, Missouri’s Northland for the Liberty Hospital Half Marathon/Jewell 5K Presented by Hy-Vee! All Half Marathon and 5K participants will enjoy a scenic race course starting and ending at William Jewell College and going through downtown Liberty. Plus, load up with the following swag: stunning large finisher medals, free race photos, uni-sex long sleeve tech shirt for half marathoners and uni-sex short sleeve tech shirt for 5K, post-race refreshments, CallSign Brewing Company Craft beer, chip timing, and discounts/giveaways from our sponsors!
- Now-Oct. 31 – $30
- Nov. 1-Dec. 31 – $35
- Jan. 1-Feb. 10 – $35
- Feb. 11-March 2 – $40
- Now-Oct. 31 – $50
- Nov. 1-Dec. 31 – $60
- Jan. 1-Feb. 10 – $70
- Feb. 11-March 2 – $80
AID STATION DETAILS: (All aid stations will have restrooms)
Mile 1: Water Only
Mile 2.25: Water Only
Mile 3.25: Water & Gatorade
Mile 4.25: Water Only
Mile 5.5 & 6.5: Water & Gatorade
Mile 8.5: Water/Gatorade/Bananas/ GU Gels
Mile 10.5: Water & Gatorade
Mile 12.25 (half marathon) Mile 2.75 (5K): Water Only
Half Marathon Pacers
We have recruited the SmartPacing Team managed by the Runners Edge Training Program for this year’s race. Instead of running an even pace for each mile, they will use a SmartPace strategy that adjusts the pace based on the hills to help you run “even effort” and start out conservatively to help you run more efficiently. For more info about the SmartPacing Team CLICK HERE
There will be pacers for the following times.
1:30, 1:35, 1:40, 1:45, 1:50, 1:55, 2:00, 2:05, 2:10, 2:15, 2:20, 2:25, 2:30, 2:35, 2:40, 2:45, 2:50, 2:55, 3:00.
Jewell 5K Pacers
The Liberty High School Cross Country team will be providing pacers for the Jewell 5K race in conjunction with the Liberty Hospital Half Marathon on March 2nd. We plan to have 2-3 runners assigned to each pace below.
Minute per mile pace: 6:30, 7:00, 7:30, 8:00, 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00
PINT SIZE PATRIOT KIDS RUN (100 yds.) Ages 3-10:
- Now-March 2- $5 (includes 2″ custom medal and bib)
- 100-yard dash on the William Jewell College football field!
Thank you for your participation! Your entry fee supports community LiveWell grants distributed by the Liberty Hospital Foundation. Read more
- No refunds will be given for the event. However, we will allow you to Transfer your registration through your RunSignUp account to someone else by Feb. 9 only. There is a $5 fee for transfers.
OMNI Apparel will be selling official race gear at packet pickup and race day!! Check out the samples below. (click on the shirt for a larger view)
PACKET PICKUP/ RACE EXPO: (20+ vendors)
Wednesday, Feb. 27— 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. KC Running Company (Martin City store) 200 East 135th Street KCMO Map (this will be just packet pickup– (NO RACE EXPO here)
Thursday, Feb. 28 — 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., William Jewell College Mabee Center, 924 State Hwy. H, Liberty, MO 64068 Map
Friday, March 1 – 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., William Jewell College Mabee Center, 924 State Hwy. H, Liberty, MO 64068 Map
Race Day – Saturday, March 2 – 6:00 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. (if you plan to pick up your packet on race day please arrive early to avoid the long lines!!)
All runners will receive a great finisher’s medal! A Prize Package will be given to the top three overall male and female finishers as well as the first overall Master’s male and female winner. Medals and a $10 gift card from PlayTri of Kansas City will also be given to the top three finishers in the following age groups:
Liberty Hospital Half Marathon: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+.
Jewell 5K: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
TIMING, RESULTS, & RUNNER TRACKING:
1. Download the RACEJOY APP!
2. Enable result notifications when registering through RunSignUp
TIME LIMIT: Half marathon will have 3.5 hour (14 minute per mile) time limit. If there are any runners still finishing the race after the time limit then we will ask you to move to the sidewalks so we can open the roads back up to traffic.
STROLLERS: Yes, strollers are allowed! We ask that participants with strollers, baby joggers or similar devices to start at the back of the runners and walkers.
PETS: Due to the size of the race, we will NOT be able to allow dogs on the course for the safety of other runners.
- 2018: Results with official race photos are posted HERE! See other race and event photos on Facebook.
- 2017: Results Photos
- We will do everything we can to have the race even in the rain, cold, or snow. However, if the race is cancelled in the event of unsafe weather or other unforeseen conditions, NO REFUNDS will be given.
- We will use the standard color coded chart for weather conditions
- Weather forecasts will be monitored prior to the event paying special attention to the possibility of snow, ice, rain, thunder and lightning. Athletes will be made aware of weather forecasts, delays or cancellation on the Liberty Hospital Half Marathon web site, Race Joy phone app, Facebook and email so that they can adequately prepare for severe weather during the race as well as possible course alterations.
- On race day, the Race Director will monitor the weather with local officials and the Public Works Department and decide if any action will be taken to modify the run. Possible scenarios include: delay of race start time, change of race course, change of race date or cancellation of the event.
- Wet, slick roadways, and standing water due to rain may require rerouting, shortening the course or cancellation of the race.
- Lightning visible to the Race Director or reported to the Race Director will cause the start of the race to be postponed for a minimum of 30 minutes after the latest flash of lightning. We will be working closely with a local meteorologist to make these determinations.
- Shelters along the course will be identified for runners to get out of inclement weather should lightning be sighted after the start of the race and the runner chooses to take shelter for a period of time to allow the weather to clear.
- If lightning is sighted on the course after the start of the race and reported to the Race Director, we will attempt to notify runners of the sighting for the runners to decide whether or not to continue running or to take shelter for a period of time.
- In extreme weather, after consulting with weather meteorologist/ Liberty Police Department/ Public Works Department/ HAM Radio Operators, the Race Director may decide to cancel the race either before the race has started or after the race has started. If a decision is made to cancel the race after it has started, the decision will be promptly communicated to all section leaders and HAM Radio Operators on the course for communication to the runners.
- We will attempt to assist runners with transportation back to the start/finish line with our shuttle service
- We are a nonprofit organization operated by volunteers. All net proceeds from the race are paid to the Live Well Grant Program. As such NO REFUNDS are given if the race has to be cancelled because of inclement weather.
We are very excited to announce that the Liberty Hospital Half Marathon is now a part of the 2019 Heartland 39.3 Series! The races in the 2019 series will be:
March 2- Liberty Hospital Half Marathon/Jewell 5K
April 13- Rock the Parkway Half Marathon
May 11- Running with the Cows Half Marathon
To learn more and take on the challenge sign up for the Heartland 39.3 Series Click Here
The Heartland 39.3 Series is a challenge for all of the half marathon fanatics who love to run half marathons and who want to take on the challenge of participating in three area half marathons in ten weeks! All finishers will walk away with tons of swag from all three races and bragging rights as a Heartland 39.3 finisher. Whether this is your first year in the series or you are participating for your 8th straight year this series has something for everyone.
The Heartland 39.3 Series starts with the Liberty Hospital Half Marathon in Liberty, Missouri on March 2, continues with the Rock the Parkway Half Marathon in Kansas City, Missouri on April 13, and wraps up with the Running With the Cows Half Marathon on May 11 in Bucyrus, Kansas. Three great races in three distinct environments, all within the Kansas City metropolitan area!
As a H393 participant you will receive all the benefits 3 half marathons have to offer:
Finishers Medal – one from all three half marathons
Race Tech running shirt – one from all three half marathons
H393 Tech running shirt. Pick up at the H393 booth at Rock the Parkway expo
Smart pacing teams
Post race festivities
- RUN THE NORTHLAND WITH PLAYTRI KANSAS CITY
- DOWNLOAD a Couch to 5K training program from Liberty Hospital Sports Medicine