Join us on Saturday March 25, 2023 for our 6th year!!
Come run or walk in the 6th annual Liberty Half Marathon/Jewell 5K Presented by Hy-Vee! All Half Marathon and 5K participants will enjoy a scenic race course starting and ending at William Jewell College and going through downtown Liberty. Plus, load up with the following swag: stunning larger than life finisher medals, personalized bibs, free race photos, very soft uni-sex long sleeve shirt for half marathoners and very soft uni-sex short sleeve tech shirt for 5K, post-race refreshments, 3Halves Craft beer, chip timing and discounts/giveaways from our sponsors!
Since 2017, proceeds from the Liberty Half Marathon and Jewell 5K have provided more than $500,000 to assist medically under-insured and under-served patients, support community health education and programs, provide valuable resources to hospital employees and patients and offer pathways to education for future and current nurses in the Northland area.
SATURDAY MARCH 25, 2023!
William Jewell College Football Field/Track, 924 State Hwy. H, Liberty, MO 64068 Map
HALF MARATHON START: 8:00 a.m.
JEWELL 5K START: 8:45
PINT SIZE PATRIOT RUN: 9:45
5K– Registration pricing
- Now-Oct. 31- $30
- Nov.1- Dec. 31- $35
- Jan. 1- Feb. 28- $40
- March 1- March 25- $45
HALF MARATHON– Registration pricing
- Now-Oct. 31- $60
- Nov.1- Dec. 31- $70
- Jan. 1- Feb. 28- $85
- Mar. 1- Mar. 25- $95
Kid’s Run- Registration pricing
- Now-March 25- $7.50 (includes 2″ custom medal and bib)- NEW IN 2023 add a shirt for $10
- 100-yard dash on the William Jewell College football field!
NO REFUNDS will be given for the event. However, we will allow you to Transfer your registration through your RunSignUp account to someone else by March 20.
Your entry fee supports the community through the Liberty Hospital Foundation Read more
LIBERTY HALF MARATHON/JEWELL 5K- PACKET PICKUP & RACE EXPO:
- Thursday, March 23– 4:00-6:00 p.m. TBD– PACKET PICKUP ONLY
- Friday, March 24 – 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., William Jewell College Mabee Center, 924 State Hwy. H, Liberty, MO 64068 Map– RACE EXPO
- Race Day – Saturday, March 25 – 6:00 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. (if you plan to pick up your packet on race day please arrive early to avoid the long lines!!)- RACE EXPO
To learn more and take on the challenge sign up for the Heartland 39.3 Series Click Here
The Heartland 39.3 Series is a challenge for all of the half marathon fanatics who love to run half marathons and who want to take on the challenge of participating in three area half marathons in just 5 weeks! All finishers will walk away with tons of swag from all three races and bragging rights as a Heartland 39.3 finisher.
The Heartland 39.3 Series starts with the Liberty Half Marathon in Liberty, Missouri on March 25, continues with the Rock the Parkway Half Marathon in Kansas City, Missouri on April 8, and wraps up with the Garmin Olathe Half Marathon on April 22 in Olathe, Kansas. Three great races in three distinct environments, all within the Kansas City metropolitan area!
As a H393 participant you will receive all the benefits 3 half marathons have to offer:
Finishers Medal – one from all three half marathons and an extra medal for completing the series
Race Tech running shirt – one from all three half marathons
H39.3 swag item for completing the series- pickup at Garmin Olathe Marathon
Smart pacing teams
Post race festivities
2023 MEDALS– click on image for larger view
2023 Participant Shirts- click on shirt image for larger view
2023 Liberty Half Marathon/Jewell 5K Course
For larger course map CLICK HERE
WATER STATION DETAILS:
5K- MILE 1.25
MILE 2- water only
MILE 3- water only
MILE 4- water/Gatorade
MILE 5- water only
MILE 6.25- water/Gatorade
MILE 7.25- water/Gatorade/ Honey Stinger Gels/ Bananas
MILE 9- water/Gatorade
MILE 11- water/Gatorade
MILE 12- water only
EACH WATER STOP WILL HAVE 2 RESTROOMS
Group & Training Run Partner:
KC SMART Runners Beginner Half Marathon Training Program: (click on schedule for larger image)
Half Marathon Pacers
We have recruited the SmartPacing Team managed by the Runners Edge Training Program for this year’s race. Instead of running an even pace for each mile, they will use a SmartPace strategy that adjusts the pace based on the hills to help you run “even effort” and start out conservatively to help you run more efficiently. For more info about the SmartPacing Team CLICK HERE
There will be pacers for the following times.
1:35, 1:40, 1:45, 1:50, 1:55, 2:00, 2:05, 2:10, 2:15, 2:20, 2:25, 2:30, 2:35, 2:40, 2:45, 2:50, 2:55, 3:00.
MEET THE PACERS
Jewell 5K Pacers
The Liberty High School Cross Country team will be providing pacers for the Jewell 5K race in conjunction with the Liberty Half Marathon on March 26. We plan to have 2-3 runners assigned to each pace below.
Minute per mile pace: 6:30, 7:00, 7:30, 8:00, 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00
2019 Race Recap Video
2018 Race Recap Video
OMNI Apparel will be selling official race gear at packet pickup and race day!! Check out the samples below. (click on the shirt for a larger view)
All runners will receive a great finisher’s medal! A Prize Package will be given to the top three overall male and female finishers as well as the first overall Master’s male and female winner. Medals will also be given to the top three finishers in the following age groups:
Liberty Half Marathon: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+.
Jewell 5K: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85+
TIMING, RESULTS, & RUNNER TRACKING:
Enable result notifications when registering through RunSignUp
TIME LIMIT: Half marathon will have 3.5 hour time limit (16 minute per mile). THIS TIME LIMIT WILL BE ENFORCED DUE TO ROADS AND NEIGBORHOODS NEEDING OPENED BACK UP. After mile 8 there will be no sidewalks for runners to get on if they have surpassed the 16 minute per mile time limit.
STROLLERS: Yes, strollers are allowed! We ask that participants with strollers, baby joggers or similar devices to start at the back of the runners and walkers.
PETS: Due to the size of the race, we will NOT be able to allow dogs on the course for the safety of other runners.
- 2020: RESULTS CLICK HERE
- 2020: PHOTOS CLICK HERE
- 2019: RESULTS
- 2018: Results with official race photos are posted HERE! See other race and event photos on Facebook.
- 2017: Results Photos
- We will do everything we can to have the race even in the rain, cold, or snow. However, if the race is cancelled in the event of unsafe weather or other unforeseen conditions, NO REFUNDS will be given.
- We will use the standard color coded chart for weather conditions
- Weather forecasts will be monitored prior to the event paying special attention to the possibility of snow, ice, rain, thunder and lightning. Athletes will be made aware of weather forecasts, delays or cancellation on the Liberty Half Marathon web site, Facebook and email so that they can adequately prepare for severe weather during the race as well as possible course alterations.
- On race day, the Race Director will monitor the weather with local officials and the Public Works Department and decide if any action will be taken to modify the run. Possible scenarios include: delay of race start time, change of race course, change of race date or cancellation of the event.
- Wet, slick roadways, and standing water due to rain may require rerouting, shortening the course or cancellation of the race.
- Lightning visible to the Race Director or reported to the Race Director will cause the start of the race to be postponed for a minimum of 30 minutes after the latest flash of lightning. We will be working closely with a local meteorologist to make these determinations.
- Shelters along the course will be identified for runners to get out of inclement weather should lightning be sighted after the start of the race and the runner chooses to take shelter for a period of time to allow the weather to clear.
- If lightning is sighted on the course after the start of the race and reported to the Race Director, we will attempt to notify runners of the sighting for the runners to decide whether or not to continue running or to take shelter for a period of time.
- In extreme weather, after consulting with weather meteorologist/ Liberty Police Department/ Public Works Department/ HAM Radio Operators, the Race Director may decide to cancel the race either before the race has started or after the race has started. If a decision is made to cancel the race after it has started, the decision will be promptly communicated to all section leaders and HAM Radio Operators on the course for communication to the runners.
- We will attempt to assist runners with transportation back to the start/finish line with our shuttle service
- We are a nonprofit organization operated by volunteers. All net proceeds from the race are paid to the Liberty Hospital Foundation. As such NO REFUNDS are given if the race has to be cancelled because of inclement weather.